Monday, April 5, 2021

New Season Ahead~

I am so thankful that it is not me who determines the time and the season for things to happen.

Initially, the new role should have commenced mid-Feb, but there were things that cropped up beyond our control. Thankfully, I have an amazing boss who just allowed me to stay on till things were sorted, and on hindsight, I realise that my heart would really not have been ready to leave then.

The time extension allowed me a couple more monthly birthdays, as well as my long-awaited and very, very significant souvenir from The Muramatsu Flute. It allowed me extra time with people I truly appreciate, and the opportunity to show gratefulness for a little bit more. It allowed me to take the whole 'operating from a place of rest' thing to another level.

Just a couple of weeks after I got the news about the delay of my new chapter, my housemate forwarded a message from our landlord - we had to find a place to move to as they would not be renewing our lease, and we had six weeks. That was another adventure, but in short, after two weeks of searching and viewing and trying, it ended up that my housemate and I got to pray together and trust God to provide a place. He did. In the following week. We've just moved in and are still taking time to settle down and unpack. Something else to really be thankful for out of this situation is that she is open to us having small group meetings and the like at home!

There are many other things that have piled on simultaneously, but above the physical stuff that's happening, there is grace and favour as the Lord works things out the way He wants to.

This week, I will be letting go of my current role and preparing to begin my new role. I know my heart is now ready. I'm just astounded and amazed at how God is so gracious and would allow things I need even when I don't know I need them. It's a week of reflecting and recounting not just what He's doing in my life and where He's taking me, but also the people who have been instrumental in sowing into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment