Thursday, November 19, 2020

Relentless Pursuit

I am thankful for a God who pursues my heart and woos me over and over again.

I've gotten caught up in the busy for a bit now, but for the past few days (maybe even longer - but I'm foolish and sometimes oblivious), He's been after my heart, drawing me back to intimacy. He's been dropping song lyrics on my heart, verses, prayers. This morning, everything collided as He bapped me on the head and went "OI!" because the nudges weren't enough for this silly girl.

Two nights ago, I was listening to 'Communion' on repeat and the bridge goes "This is where I'm meant to be - me in You, and You in me". As I sat on the floor and worshipped, something began stirring deep inside.

Yesterday, I was at the prayer room and it was sweet, sweet fellowship and communion. A conversation on the way home brought to mind the fact that He's carved out a specific role for each of us to partner with Him. It's so...mind blowing.

That He would create me for a specific purpose, for the one thing He takes pleasure in gifting me with and me giving it back to Him. This isn't just for me - it's for all of us, and He's got something unique for each of us.

Coming into the place of understanding what our armour is, what our battleground is - when we say yes to Him, we allow Him to make our joy complete. In Him.

This morning on the bus ride to work, He dropped the lyrics "Times of refreshing here in Your presence" on my heart. I smiled, made a little post. I got to the office, got into the prayer zoom and was just worshipping with a liberation I haven't felt in a couple of weeks, then BAM. He wrecked me. Again.

He knew what I needed, and it was to be in His presence. He wanted to bring refreshing, He wanted to pull me out of the funk I allowed myself to drift into. He needed to get me back into a place where He could do just that. Once I was there, He came through.

"Here's where the dead things come back to living
I feel my heart beating again"

Relentless pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment