Sunday, August 9, 2020

Serahkan Hidupku

The Lord's timing is impeccable, and I am so, so, so thankful for that.

In my previous post, I spoke about emerging from the Circuit Breaker, broken. Part of the journey involved Him bringing me back to my first love. I bought a digital piano, and it's my place of surrender where I just go and play and sing and worship.

As He was working things out in me, He dropped this song on my heart. I got the melody first while lingering in worship, then sat down to wait on Him. He gave me a Malay phrase. I was surprised. Then I freaked a little because I realised that while I had been speaking some Malay, I didn't have the vocabulary to write a worship song in Malay. I opened up my Bible app (I use Alkitab Versi Borneo!) and pulled up Psalms, started to read and just scribble down phrases as they jumped out at me. Less than two hours later, Serahkan Hidupku was birthed.

I sent it out to my family, and to my former housemate (she's Indonesian). Ended up also sending it to the pastor of our Indonesian congregation, and that turned into "Could you please record this with video so we can use it for our services?". Long story short, I recorded it in June and sent it in a couple of days later. I didn't hear anything from them until earlier this week. Pastor P told me that they'll be putting it up this weekend.

I was texting my parents yesterday and sharing what the Lord had been putting on my heart. I had a moment with God in the afternoon when I read some news about my home country and was struck by how I've been so detached, then felt such an urgency to be in prayer over my home nation, and also where I am now. As I was sharing with them, the significance of what was happening struck me.

Serahkan Hidupku is about who the Lord is and my surrender to Him.

This was a song that He gave me on Teachers' Day (May 16th) as an extended response to me waiting on Him for a project I was considering embarking on. This was also Day 40 (!!!) of Circuit Breaker.

Playing the piano and singing are both things that I don't see as areas I'm confident in, but I just obeyed and did the recording.

I held off getting the lyric video done and putting it up on youtube, but then because it's going to be shown come Sunday, decided to get it done.

I got the video up on 08-08-2020. The number 8 signifies new beginnings, and this is really a season of new beginnings with the Lord as He challenges me to take a step out every day. 20/20 is associated with perfect vision. When we keep our eyes on the Lord, we truly do have perfect vision.

August 9th is Singapore's National Day. This Malaysian's song is going to be aired to an Indonesian congregation, on Singapore's National Day. For me, it's a coming together of the three nations, and I am beyond humbled and honoured at this revelation. It means pressing in to pray for these nations. It means that this ripple effect between the nations is something I need to be far more attuned to.

I really don't know what will come forth from this - all I know is that I am going to continue walking as He leads me to the next thing, one step at a time.

I surrender my life into Your hands, my Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment