I am thankful for times of rest.
It's April, and we're in a state of declared pandemic. COVID-19 seems to be raging, and the vast majority of the world has come to a standstill.
From the start of this global emergency, it was not a spirit of fear that gripped me, but a peace that flooded my heart. Even after hearing that one of the pastors of my church in Catcity had succumbed to the virus. Even after my company was told that we were likely to suffer because of China shutting down first, then Europe. We get a lot of our goods from there.
Being goods-based, my work is classified as non-essential and we have had to shut our doors for now till May 4th. In this time that I have away from the hustle and bustle, I've committed to recording a short chorus or verse a day on my flute(s). It's been a time of learning new things, relearning to use GarageBand, and waiting to see what He puts on my heart. There's been a shift for sure, in my faith, and in learning to be still. Selah moments. Refreshing moments.
A memory came to mind this morning while I was in the kitchen. In secondary school - in Form Two - we were asked to make a list of things we wanted to see ourselves achieve in Vision 2020. While others listed successful careers and making their first million, in my naïveté, I had listed being a housewife, cooking for my family, probably with one kid by then. There's a whole backstory about the housewife thing that happened a couple of years later, but that's a story for another day.
I had done a market run this morning and was just puttering about putting things away, prepping for lunch makings. I had deboned a roast chicken - the carcass set aside for making soup soon-ish, meat shredded for use in my meals over the next few days. I plucked and washed red spinach and water convolvulus - something you could find me doing at home while helping Mum in the kitchen. Did a couple of other things involving getting corn kernels off of the cob and chopping up pumpkin - you get the idea. I joked about my Vision 2020 thing with my housemate when she came to the kitchen to get water, and she replied that I was partway there.
I probably won't be getting married for a while yet, but I am learning to enjoy the process. Getting married and starting a family, raising this family, loving this family, is still very much a desire of mine - don't get me wrong, but the journey to get to that point is one that I am still on. I don't know what will happen a year from now, five years from now, but I know for sure that I am in the palm of God's hand.
My question now is: Lord, what is Your dream for me?
No comments:
Post a Comment