It's 2020.
I am thankful for so many things.
I spent the last week of 2019 back home with my family - yes, all of us. It's been difficult to get all of us in the same place in the past seven years because of us physically being in different places with different schedules. Being able to catch up and play chauffeur was fun, and just spending time together was refreshing. (I got to ride my bike too! I've missed that.)
I'm proud of...
Da Jie for really taking to being a mama (among other things).
Korkor not just for the role he is playing at work, but more importantly in the community he is in.
Rin for being the MVP where she is and being SKJ to Babes over the past two months or so that they have been staying together and working in the same city.
Babes for pushing past mental blocks, starting work, picking up dance again.
I admire Dad and Mum for the relationship they exemplify to us through their journey together, and their taking to new phases of life like the empty nest they now have and how they fill their time together.
The last week of 2019 was a much needed break after what felt like a whole work year of pushing through what seemed to be obstacles, learning, and running on overdrive towards the end. It's been a whirlwind of a year with lots of new challenges, making mistakes, learning to set them right, getting a bit more comfortable with interacting in what should be my mother tongue (still a long, long way to go), settling in to work and completing the first calendar year.
If you can't already tell, 2019 has been a lot of things for me.
Another major thing I am thankful for is this group I fondly know as my 'Senior Citizens'. We have gotten much closer this year, with different ones of us facing different challenges, sharing life and encouraging each other along the way. They are my family here in LionLand. We've ventured into music outside of each of our comfort zones, taken bus rides, shared meals, and we're okay with each other's crazy.
I spent the first day of the new year getting some rest, and then out walking around with TC. After dinner, I got to share a bit of what's on my mind with respect to my approach for this year, and also some things I was contemplating working towards. I live in a society that is largely dependent on paper qualification, and I have been thinking about maybe doing something towards that. This has really been an internal battle for me because of my chosen path post-O level equivalent. I certainly have not taken the common or conventional approach towards things, but talking to TC today helped me calm the push-pull in me with regards to getting a more traditional recognition of my capabilities.
In this coming year, there are areas which I would like to be more intentional about - like sorting out my health, being better committed to CG, and resuming my role in ListenUP. There will be new things with regards to serving in church, getting back into a little more serious flute playing, and working more on learning and practicing repair things and stuff.
2020 is going to be an interesting year.
No comments:
Post a Comment