Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Voyage

It started with a knot. And a chain - and I was off to my first needlecraft project after a long long time.

The problem with me is that I see something and I decide - I want to make that. I'm going to make that. Maybe that's not the issue. The real issue is that I don't really want to take time to learn and master the basics, I just want dive in.

I delayed for a bit...took my time looking for the yarn and the other supplies I needed, getting up the nerve to start, knowing how I like to 'get on with it'. Finally though, I had a cause to make this for. I had someone in mind. And so it began.

Dear little Stuffie was the result of my endeavours and just recently, Stuffie got to go on a voyage.


Into the box little Stuffie hopped,
cushioned with peanuts and wrap that popped!

(The peanuts, of course, were the sort
of peanuts one could not just chomp)

All snuggly, tucked in, little Stuffie yawned
And closed its eyes to wait for dawn

Dawn took some time before it came;
Then little Stuffie went on its way!

The voyage stretched for many a day
with knocks and bumps along the way.

Whispers in the dark, stories shared
with parcels of all sizes - the little ones got scared.

Cold, alone, and feeling some fright,
Little Stuffie longed for the light.

And then finally there was a knock
'Sign here, ma'am, and here's your box'

The lady looked down, brows furrowed, but then
Signed on the form with a pen.

She put the parcel on the table
To wait for for the rightful owner's arrival.

She eyed the parcel suspiciously
And wondered of its origins - quite naturally.

On that table little Stuffie stayed
Keeping extra quiet, just in case.

Then a deep voice brought Stuffie awake
And left warm fuzzies in its wake!

Already little Stuffie felt like he
'Would surely come to care for me!'

He decided to wait on the mystery
Of what little Stuffie just might be.

Little Stuffie waited impatiently
As the voyage continued to its home-to-be.

The time came and the light streamed in
Little Stuffie was liberated from the dim!

"Colonel Stuffie, I dub thee
With Trusty Chompy - your loyal steed!"

Stuffie did the binky, as little bunnies do,
And wriggled its nose for a nuzzle too.


That was bad. But I tried! Have a picture of Colonel Stuffie and Trusty Chompy the loyal steed! Yes, they're zooming around the desk when no one's about. They make quite a pair!



Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

"Psst Chompy -" said Stuffie, "I think they're gone!
C'mon let's go! To infinity and beyond!"

No comments:

Post a Comment