Thursday, January 22, 2015

When will I see you again?

The Lord has truly blessed me with family and friends.

I got to spend a week in LL - a very productive week.

First, He blessed me with a former housemate who just tied the knot. Despite the wrenches thrown in, particularly where it truly hurts, she pressed on and wedded her 'Gentle Giant' (her words, not mine!) and I got to be a part of her big day. In being part of her big day...

Second, He has brought Abang into my life. Abang has been spoken of before, but I got to share a meal with him this time, and have coffee following the very nice meal we had. Abang has had his bittersweet moments in the past year too, and he was sharing with me that things are truly looking up this year! Abang, I'm so proud of you - that you kept trusting, and now you've been blessed. Here's to the right opened doors and divine appointments!

Third, He has truly granted me favour with the techies. I got to attend a basic flute repair workshop over two-ish days. Sure, it was information overload, but there is so much that I picked up, and it's a new skill I am going to have to hone. Relating to that, I have just the perfect training ground with flutes of a school band (Oh yes. God help those flutes me) - abundance of material to work with. Talk about predestination!

Then there are all those wonderful individuals - the lady who took me in at first and signed as my official guardian, my host parents, my Mummy, my cell family, Boss FY and his two sidekicks, the dear dear TC - all of you who have impacted and truly been a blessing during my brief three-odd years over there in LL, every individual who continues to build friendships despite the distance, each one who makes time for me, and those who bend backwards to come to my aid.

Oh! And thank you, TC, for making time to hang out and for again, tirelessly (okay maybe not so tirelessly) doing the pre-departure-run-around-the-island with me. And Happy Womb Emancipation Day to you :)

I got to stay in a beautiful unit on the top floor - spacious, breezy (There was even an island in the kitchen! Well just outside the kitchen, but it still counts!) and beautifully furnished! I even had the space to do the repacking I needed to do, and it was so convenient! Just minutes away from the MRT station. I got to know a small part of an area new to me. And that's always nice :)

A wave of sadness came over me during my last two days there. There was such an ache deep down - I wasn't ready to leave. There were tears. Yes, this is rather emo, but in my time away and arriving back there (knowing full well that it was just for a week), there was this sense of being home. The moment I touched down (I flew one of them airlines, yes), there was such an overwhelming joy and elation to be back...home. I teared when I walked into church - I was home.

Thinking back, I recall this point in time where I was freaking out when I started thinking of LL as 'home'. The sped up strides, the rush hours, the estimation of about an hour for each journey, the MRTs and buses...yes. Most of all, my church - the people, the leaders. It's more than just my church. I've come to realise - this is home.

Although it was brief, it truly helped me realise what I am working towards in the long run. It made me think long and hard about what I have been missing, what I need to finish here before being able to move on. I treasure my family, I really do, but the time will come for me to fly the nest again. Let's hope I will be ready sooner rather than later.

Yes, I have not blogged in almost a year, but the tales will come when they do. I just needed to get this out there first.

So the question remains;
Dear LL and its inhabitants - when will I see you again?

2 comments:

  1. but the tales will come when they do.

    I think that's a healthy way of looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joshua :)

      And yes, the tales are coming. Slowly. Hope you've been well!

      Delete