Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bittersweet Uprooting.

I thank the Lord for the people in my life.

There's a tug in my heart - this bittersweet emotion. Leaving my three and a half years in Lion Land and coming home to my parents. Indeed, there is no place like home, but LL has been a place of friendships and opportunity. A place where relationships have been built with my surrogate family, with close friends - with people who have come to mean a lot to me.

The reason I haven't been writing is because I don't know what to say.

Coming home, I have been reunited with family, in fellowship with friends and part of a journey with new acquaintances. Coming home is helping me to refocus and has allowed me to pick up my trail of discovery as I start work here. There have been new friends, new opportunities and new waters to explore.

That doesn't mean I'm leaving those in LL behind. Despite the fast-paced lifestyle, there have been wonderful friendships, special places, poignant moments. I have learnt, lost, laughed, shed tears...part of my heart is still there.

One would think that moving for the fifth time (perhaps I was too young for the first, so that makes it four times) would mean that I'm spared from the uncertainty and the emotional roller-coaster ride that attempt to govern the surety of the relocation and the decisions that follow.

There will be more writings after I have settled down.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment