Monday, July 2, 2012

A Call.

All praise to Him who inspires.

It's been a downward spiral for a bit. Well for the whole of last semester, actually. I have pretty much been on my own without inspiration, without passion to propel me forward. Yes, God has been speaking, and He's been good. He's a source of inspiration, and looking back at how He has provided for me over the past year...do I really need more convincing?

Yes, there are Selah moments, but there also comes the time when the moment is over and it comes time to rise up. Final year is approaching. I'm girding up and I'm going forth.

There is much to do. The harvest is plentiful but the labourers are few. This is a season where the Christians in this nation are being tested. I urge those who are reading this, to war in the prayer closet and not out in public. To rest in assurance in Him. To let Him fight the battle for us. Does this mean we sit back and do nothing? Certainly not. This is a call to rise up, to equip ourselves in Him. Let us be grounded in His Word, for even in the temptation of our beloved Saviour, it was the Word that was twisted and used against Him. Submit to Him, and He will give us the grace to stand for Him.

I'm polishing my armour and putting it on. Are you?

1 comment:

  1. war in the prayer closet and not out in public

    Amen. Christ's call to mankind is to know Him. Work will be done, but that cannot be our focus. If we are listening to and obeying Him, we will be working His works unconsciously.

    Matthew 7:22-23
    Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name? And then I will say to them openly, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly.

    ReplyDelete