Four months since and I thank the Lord my God for His mercy and His grace and for His amazing, unconditional, incontestable love for me.
He has been doing wonderful things in stages, and I thank Him for the grace that comes with His reprimands. He takes care of the tiny minute things, not just the big things. It just blows my mind when I think of the number of His children crying out to Him, and the attention He gives to each and every one of us. A loving Father indeed.
I have another eight months for this chapter of my life. To be honest, I don't want these remaining eight months. Yes, that's right. To be submitted to Him, I know that these eight months are the last few pages of this chapter. How then, I ask myself, do I make these eight months into something sweet that would bring glory to Him? There have been so many recounts of the lives of different people in the Bible that have come to me, and I asked Him which were from Him and which were just me. Would I try to escape? Jonah. Would He take me out of the situation? The children of Israel. On that note, (the Children of Israel, I mean) He has provided manna and quail for me.
Actually, I'm going to take that spin off. There's this book called The Journey of Israel, which talks about the parallels of the Journey of Israel and our spiritual journeys. I'm still wandering in the wilderness, and it's pretty amusing to see how it pretty much came down to Him providing 'manna' almost literally. It's kind of cool. Anyway, back to what I was saying, He revealed a little more of His purpose for me this morning in church. I was planning on going for the first service and then leaving but the way He spoke to me during the first service made me stay, and I was truly blessed. I was confused about a few things. I knew what He was saying to me, but how was I to go about getting there. Should I drop out of college?
Should I drop out of college?
Should I drop out now?
Why should I even have to go through the coming semester exams if-
"Oh, shut up, my daughter"
*looks around, startled*
*squeaks* "Okay, Daddy God"
No, that's not what happened. I got home after picking up my favourite sweater (which my Mum lovingly sent through a church friend who was traveling this way) and I had a chat with my host parents. Oh, how could I not mention this. They are such a great blessing to me, loving me the way they do. It's truly amazing I tell you. So in the chat with my host parents, they confirmed a few things that DG impressed upon my heart this morning, and they addressed the whole college issue (which I didn't even mention) and well, it's always encouraging to know that you don't have to walk alone. That's what they keep reminding me.
"You don't have to be superwoman. You can cry, you can come talk to us. We were there once too."
Could I ask for better host parents?
So much to be thankful for, but also so much work I have to step up to. It's exam period for the next three weeks. Say a little prayer for me!
Say a little prayer for me!
ReplyDeleteThe moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup, I say a little prayer for you.
:p Haha. Seriously, though, I am going through something very similar, I imagine. I pray the Lord continues to reveal Himself to you and confirms Who He is by His Spirit that He's given to you. "That you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God... (Romans 12:2)"
Yay Josh! Let's trudge on, heads held high touch the sky....oh no what did you get me started on.
DeleteI will keep you in prayer too! :)