I thank God that He's speaking to me.
This is surely a sign that He's not given up on me. Hang on, what am I talking about? Of course He won't give up on me.
I said in my previous post that I'm on a roller coaster ride. So I just came up from another homesick phase and I've been reflecting on my life, checking myself. There's no room for compromise when it comes to His standards. Reading the book 'Captivating' by John and Stasi Eldredge, there are a a whole lot of things which I can relate to, which I'm seeing in my life...and plenty of things I need to change.
So while I was reflecting on my life, the weeding process is beginning, and hey, starting the process now is better, coz if it would have started later, the roots would have grown deeper and all. Yes, you don't get me. Haha. It's okay. This is just so I can look back and be reminded of how He's slowly moulding and shaping me.
He's still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took about a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
He's still working on me
The simple chorus of a song, containing such a simple truth. He's still working on me. I can't remember the lyrics of the verses tho.
The whole month of October was just a really sobering time for me.
I'm just gonna end here thanking God for something else.
The love of His family.
So thank You, God for the love of Your family.
Yes, you don't get me. Haha. It's okay.
ReplyDeleteActually, I believe I do identify with the previous statement.
I can't remember the lyrics of the verses tho.
I don't believe I've heard the song before, so I looked it up with Google.
http://preciouslordtakemyhand.com/publish/christianhymns/hes-still-working-on-me/