Saturday, January 16, 2010

2009 and 2010

I thank God for a new year!

Let's start with SPM. It's finally over. No more bio, moral, history, chem, physics(i'll miss this), add maths(i think i'll miss this too), maths, JUNGLE OF HOPE, POEMS AND SHORT STORIES, CHAIR, SEA KID, AS TOUGH AS THE CORAL, still have to take a BM paper and english i think. MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC here i come.

That was written last year. So. It's the new year and the door has opened for me to do my foundation in music.

A recap of what has been done last year....

SPM then there was music camp. My first tour. To Singapore.

We travelled by bus and had a long, long wait at the border on the other side. Long cues, people cutting cues(not our own people) and people line-hopping(yes, our own people, and yes, I was one of them).

On the first night(the same day we arrived), 5 of us decided to get a little adventurous with Singapore public transport and go see this flute technician. We got on a bus, got off at an MRT station, got MRT tickets(they're actually CARD, like those bank cards, very unlike our 2-sheet material LRT tickets) and the adventure continued. We had to switch lines halfway through the journey and managed to get to our destination. BUT, we ended up waiting outside the centre because the guy had gone off for dinner. So we sat there for about 15-20 minutes, I think...walked around the space there was, taking photos, more photos, even more photos...and what else...oh yes, WAITING.

He came back and not only did three of us get our flutes checked and adjusted, we got to test some pretty incredible flutes! Lol. And a couple of piccolos as well. He told us, "After you try these, you wouldn't want *will not mention brand* piccolos anymore...", and true enough, that was exactly what happened. Then again, us being students...the most common phrase when it comes to upgrading an instrument or something along those lines..."no money...". So we have to content ourselves with being on the outside, looking at those instruments through the glass window. Yes, let's be content.

The highlight of the trip to that workshop was being able to just delve a little deeper into the flute world....and the two poor violists had to wait for the three awestruck flute players who were too engrossed trying out flutes and piccolos. Oh, and getting 'souvenirs'. After all that was done, we paid a visit to Orchard Road to see the lights and stuff, then we started back to our lodging and had quite an adventure on the way back that night.

Had the concert in the YST Conservatory Auditorium. Beautiful hall. Not good for strings though. And the stage was really cramped. No space to move about! It was a very memorable concert. LOL.

Went back to KL, had rehearsal there and then performed. On the 24th, took a bus to Ipoh and stayed with Darlz and her family, who made sure I enjoyed my Christmas. Caught up with friends I haven't seen in ages, ate food I can't get Here, then left for Penang on Boxing Day.

In Penang, a good summary would be...went up Penang Hill, ate lots of Penang hawker food, spent time with friends, played music, had fun, ate some more, then got to meet new people and expand my music circle, had fun with the New Year Concert (thank you, EK!!) then sadly, left Penang. I will be back.

Went to Kedah for a few days and spent time with relatives, whether at work or just entertaining little cousins, then came back Here.

It's good to be back, but at the same time, I wish I could've stayed longer over There.

Guys who are leaving the orch, all the best wherever you're headed. Those close buddies, I really gonna miss you guys, and hey, a lifetime's not too long to live as friends. I'll remember you guys and the moments we shared being silly, talking, laughing at each other and all that. To those who are gonna get a second shot at it, I wish you all the best as well. I look forward to another year with the rest of you!

I thank God for all you guys who made my 2009 end year hols so memorable!

I'll be spending this year with eccentric people like myself and am looking forward to this new chapter in life, this direction I've chosen in coming to the crossroad. Congrats to the new student leader!! Lol.

2010 here I come.

5 comments:

  1. Great. Blogger told me that you just posted this. The date on this page says, however: Tuesday, December 29, 2009. Which is arguably not Saturday, January 16, 2010. Haha.

    Yes, let's be content.
    Hahahahaha. :D Is it working, Chara?

    Darlz
    Darlz? You said in your Cbox that you spent Christmas with Rachel. Is that another name of hers?

    Heh. My Christmas was relatively uneventful. A friend of mom's stayed the night. That's about it. Hahaha.

    The Lord bless you Chara. I pray your life is a constant and clear expression of His grace. Praise the Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry i took ages to get back to u on this. Being content...doesn't mean i can't dream about the instrument...and i call Rachel Darlz. It's a right i've earned in so many years of friendship...being 'siblings'. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. No rush. Like I said, I wasn't even aware it was there until two weeks after you had written it.

    Content. Satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else. Dreaming about it kind of sounds like you want more, literally speaking. Of course I'm just playing and making conversation, Chara. :)

    Haha. It's a right? I don't believe I'd call her that even if I had that "right". Hahahahah.

    grackl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's the difference between u and me. lol. i'd call her that, u wouldn't.
    well, Psalm 37:4. just heard a sermon with that verse(actually on the Psalm itself)yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I think the difference is that you do and I don't. I don't know what I *would* do. :P

    Haha. My dear Chara, I never said you should be content or that wanting another flute is wrong. :D I completely agree with that verse. Of course, how many of us hold up to the prerequisite? Like Joshua 1:8 or Matthew 6:33. Humans like to look at the results, because that's where they benefit. Salvation, for instance. How many of us actually brood over the cross of Christ and what it cost God?

    Amusing, too. Through the course of my life, I've noticed that the more I delight myself in what the Lord delights in, the more my desires have changed. :)

    Philippians 2:12-13 AMP
    Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.

    Let us love the Lord in spirit and in truth, my sister. :)

    barawa. Haha. :D

    ReplyDelete