Saturday, March 21, 2009

As for peer pressure...

I thank God for peer pressure.

Peer pressure can be a good thing. A VERY good thing. Like now. Peer pressure left me feeling small. Like really, reeeally small. All you have to do is step into the hall and this MASSIVE wave hits you. The room is already almost full HALF AN HOUR BEFORE the session starts! And people are not just sitting there yakking around...they're warming up, practicing, whatever you want to call it. It made me work harder than I probably ever have and mark my words, this is just the beginning. Seriously inspiring and seriously awesome.

It's like this scary awesomeness just overwhelms you and there's this feeling i can't put into words. All the confidence you've built up all this while just *deflates*. No wait. Not deflates. The term 'deflate' is putting it MILDLY. It goes *POP!* Literally. Boom. No more. At least that was how it was for me.

So here I am, yes, no doubt proud to be here and a part of this program, God blessing me with this opportunity to expand my horizons, enabling to get in this time round. It's been a real trying time and I just KNOW that the next time round, I'll have more fun, coz I intend very much to come really prepared. For starters, armed with Bonjela...(I didn't bring it this time round coz I wasn't expecting such severe consequences) and the pieces of paper with stuff printed on them(VERY ink-consuming, and thankfully not my printer ink) ready and worked on, just to add punctuation and to refine, and a boost of confidence(?? I hope...anyone know where I can get a bottle for consumption?)...

To be awarded this opportunity with people like those around me is really a great learning experience IF you are willing to change bad habits and learn the right way to do things. However, for those who are just here to hitch an easy ride(not that I can even if I wanted to) then I'm sorry, you're wasting your time AND our time. Go somewhere else where you can take it easy, coz this is ALL about work.

Having said that, I think the best thing would be to click the little Publish Post button and get down to real work.

This next part is added much later in the day. I wrote everything up there this morning and this is night.

So here's reality. I've been here for a week. Throughout this week, I get ulcer after ulcer and work every possible moment I can, even through breaks. Then all of a sudden, after the BIG event, this tsunami of realization hits and WHAM! you realize it's over. So soon. Too soon. You're still in a daze and people start leaving for home...wait, what? It's over already? Yes, it's time to accept that fact and move on. All we can do is to wait for our paths to cross again...
Sayonara people...see you guys again...soon...yes, very soon, I hope...

6 comments:

  1. Ulcer after ulcer? Ouch. Are you alright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yea i'm going to show my dentist what he cost me. Super painful ler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure was a new experience for me,with 100 other people who love music. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Jacky! It was a lil intimidating tho with all of these fellow musicians around u...lol...i know that i for one had a great time and am looking forward to next camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very. However, that doesn't stop me from looking forward to next camp with more craze...lol...

    ReplyDelete