I have resolved that with every blog post, I am going to thank God for something. For this post, it's gonna be me thanking God for today, for my simple existence in this world, for Him guiding me through yet another day. I am NOT trying to be holy or religious or anything, just grateful for this life which my God has given to me.
There's this old song called I Don't Know About Tomorrow and it goes...
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine,
For its skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;
Ev'ry cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.
I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered by His blood.
Yeah, life has its ups and downs, but in any situation, as far as possible, I want to be assured that I've got someone I can turn to. I and trying to remind myself to be thankful in all circumstances. It's pretty new to me, not that I haven't been thankful to God or anything, just that I haven't been thankful to God in every situation and I'm gonna try to do that all the time. Why? Coz I have to be thankful and not take for granted what God has given to me.
Just today in music class in school, we were listening to this work called Tren Pamieci Ofiarom Hirozmy by Krzysztof Penderecki which, in translation is Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima. You know, the tragic Hiroshima-Nagasaki bombing. As we were listening to this work, I was caught by the depth of emotion in this work, the agony and the tragedy captured and put down on a manuscript then recorded. Of course, this repertoire was first composed with no particular intention in mind, but after this work was recorded and played back, the composer decided to dedicate it to the victims of this bombing. I was struck by the realization that we will never know when our life would come to an end, now will we know what tomorrow brings, as says the song, and so I feel the need to make the most of my life and live a life pleasing to God.
So yes, I thank God for my life and for today.
I am NOT trying to be holy or religious or anything
ReplyDeleteHaha. Chara, don't make excuses for doing the right thing or confessing your love. :)
As a point of humor...the verification word was "alien". Alien! Hahahahaha. :D :)