Thank you Lord for the holidays!
Finally! The Raya holidays are here and my school has a week off! Haha...but then, my final term exams will be 4 days after we go back to school. So it means it's time to study, study, study. Not much time left as time flies. It's already the end of September!
My picture speaks for the domesticated musician I am. There is a cookbook (Pol Martin!) and then there is a Mozart sonata I am working on and a book I'm reading, called I Can Only Imagine.
I was on worship duty yesterday in church and I really thank God for the opportunity to serve Him. I played more flute yesterday, and it was just so refershing! So a word of encouragement to all aspiring church musicians out there, it's an honour to serve God and we should take this opportunity to give back to God the talent He has given us. I wasn't all that confident when I started out playing in church, and I didn't really have someone to teach me what to do. All I had was..."Just fly around in the scale". That's all. I explored from there. It took time, yes, but then the end result is...I can't even find words to describe how it feels! Even now, I am still learning.
Ultimately, know that when you're up there, you're up there for God, and not for man. So like Colossians 3:23-24 says, "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."
And then in 1 Timothy 4:12, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
Remember that when you go up there, people see you, so stay right with God and let your life be pleasing to Him and give Him all the glory!
Can I get an "AMEN!"?
Amen. :)
ReplyDelete