I'm thankful for an unconventional learning journey - one only possible with Him.
October last year was when the non-stop thing started.
I got to attend a training day on pad replacements and some other general stuff that was conducted by technicians from (arguably) the top flute maker in the world. Little did I know it was part of my 'interview' process.
In November, I went back to my homeland for a week to do a sound system installation - my first back there, but not my first with my mentor. I did learn to crimp CAT6 cables then. It was fun.
December saw me getting back into orchestral work, albeit small scale (45 notes?).
This year has also whizzed by with some milestones.
More fun repair with the lady tech from the US amidst a crazy heavy week substitute teaching in school and a flute buying trip on behalf of a student of mine.
One of my girls rose up to the challenge to prepare for a music competition (Yay! School trip!), which to me, she won. She grew by leaps and bounds, displaying a keen sense of musicality. She didn't make finals, but from the start, we had both agreed that that was not the final goal.
I was offered the opportunity to stage manage for the annual Fine Arts Festival for the school that I was kind of sort of a part-time staff of. That was a crazy week. I got to work with a great crew team.
Following that was another series of crazy events, a church anniversary, family visiting with our newest member, a full-week children's camp, then another concert under the baton of someone I've known as a tutor from my youth orchestra days.
I really felt like that last concert brought me full circle, and I'm really ready to move forward.
I'm back in Lionland. It still feels surreal. I am officially employed for my first real full-time job.
I was offered this job a while ago, but the timing wasn't quite right, till now. Things started clicking into place two weeks ago, and here I am now, having completed my first week of work. I've got a great employer, a wonderful colleague plus extended family because yay for group of companies! I'm loving the work environment so far, and looking forward to more things.
It also happens to be a usually mandarin-speaking community, so I'm sure that I'll improve on my uh...caveman cheena along the way.
Yes, I'm back blogging also. I think. We'll see.
But yeah, I'm alive and well.
No comments:
Post a Comment