I thank God for times like this when He reassures me that I'm not too far gone.
I've always felt less than my siblings. They're all academically inclined - brilliant individuals. Me? A non-graduate, non-scholarship holder, my highest qualification being high school. I moved down to the second class in my two final years in high school. I was an average student. Still am...maybe?
Over the past week it's been up and down. Then I remembered something the Baby-Sister-Growing-Up-To-Be-Pretty-Wise (See? How to compare like that...) said. She picked this up somewhere - On a heart monitor, the lines go up and down. So if you don't have ups and downs in life, you'd be dead.
Without the downs...I wouldn't have settled on my newly favourited 3-in-1 coffee so yeah, something good came out of that. Tsk. It's not all about the coffee (though it was nice to have AC who I got to enjoy a cuppa with at the end of my day in school today).
It's been slow starting up again post-CNY drama, but the Lord has shown favour and a couple more potential students have called in with regards to fluting. Yesterday I was approached to work with a first grader for her English writing - a bit of a challenge to work with her, but apparently I was thought of as a possible tutor - and that means a lot. Today the preschool kids kept me amused by their antics during their half hour of free play. They are
ADORABLE. Despite not being qualified, the school I work with on and off also gave me a heads up on a possible two month stint which they would like me to think about taking up. And then there's you. You who are supposed to be out of my league. Who am I kidding. You
ARE out of my league...and yet...
My first
victim casualty was had yesterday. There was such a sense of accomplishment as I worked on the poor abused dear because I managed to make things better! It felt nice and professional to set up my work station and maintain the tidy as I worked, and it took me a little over an hour to get things to my satisfaction and put something I had learnt into practice. The tools from JLS, my notes from the repair course organised by ST/MG/WW. I'm looking forward to more of these cases! It's neat how I may not be great when it comes to acads but I have the hands for these fixer-upper things. Maybe it's God's way of teaching me that things end up balancing out?
The workstation!
On a heart monitor, the lines go up and down. So if you don't have ups and downs in life, you'd be dead.
ReplyDeleteThat amused me.
My sister amuses me. Lol.
DeleteSisters have a way of doing that. :)
Delete