Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stuff#05 - Why I Believe

Today, I thank God for a very special person He's placed in my life at a crucial time. Blessed Womb Emancipation Day, Abg.

Little might Said Person know, but there have been many times where, since I took flight, that I've just felt so alone...and just looking at SP's life has been such an encouragement. I see SP as a role model, someone to look up to, and someone I can rely on. Having SP around during those times when I feel down and disappointed in myself...and when being alone is what I want but know that I especially shouldn't...and all the other times as well...SP's been such a blessing and I don't know any other way to put it.

There have been the jamming times...and the laughs and serious conversation...SP's made me feel like a kid and an adult in just a matter of seconds. I will never forget that gig-turned-shopping-expedition. It's called quality time :)

I was given the opportunity to bake for this special occasion, and thoroughly enjoyed my time in the kitchen. Baking for the people I love - that's a pleasure. Being able to pray for them as I bake, knowing that I'm investing my time as an expression of appreciation for the role they play in my life. Sometimes it's really all I can afford. It might not seem like much, and many times, I do wish that I had more to give.

I think one of the most important things I've learnt from SP is perseverance. Despite SP's attempts to appear nonchalant, SP is, in actuality, the perfect life example of someone who's pulled through tough times, times when one feels all alone and all that. My being here, is like a pale, pale shade next to what SP has had. I'd have to admit that sometimes, I seek SP out because I know that just spending time with SP would really make me acknowledge the minute-ness of what I'm going through.

So that's dedicated to this very special person who will be known as SP here.

On a side note, I missed last month's post...and that's because I've been on a pretty amazing roller coaster ride, that little to my knowledge had started a good six years ago. Sometimes when I look back on what happened within the span of a mere month, I'm in awe at the way He works things. Just to put it in a nutshell, I got a phone call, looked at airfares, witnessed the amazing connections God reveals when we let Him take the wheel, got stranded in a foreign land for a very scary couple of hours where it was a chicken and duck situation, heard an amazing concerto, met amazing people, experienced my first typhoon and earthquake, saw the fruition of much prayer, and literally ran to catch a connecting flight.

In short, I'm really overwhelmed by what transpired, still, and well - I don't know what He has in store for me, but I'm definitely excited. I've been seeing Him come through for so many people around me, and another big encouragement came yesterday at my college's fun day at the beach, our equivalent of a sports day, where a friend of mine who's doing an Arts Management course took part in a talent competition, and got spotted. She once shared with me how she has always wanted to be a stage performer, but she got into the Arts Management course instead. She honoured God by obeying and she's currently in her second year. She's passionate about Him and serves Him faithfully, despite being a first generation Christian whose family sometimes gives her a hard time about how much time she spends in church and all that. It was and is such an encouragement to know that I serve a God who is faithful, despite the fact that we tend to wander off.

It's not that we don't already know He's a faithful God, we do. But He likes to remind us by baffling us again and again. Just to add a personal thought, I think He enjoys watching us react to His ambiguity. I can't help thinking that it's like a drama. Haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Blessed Womb Emancipation Day, Abg.


    That's a curious way to put it. :P

    and many times, I do wish that I had more to give.

    Mark 12:42-44. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh :) Haha yeah I picked it up from a friend. The two cents worth...lol yes I know but sometimes...ah well. As I read back now, I realise that a lot of what I wrote is grammatically wrong...or just sounds wrong. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete