I thank God for the work He's doing in me.
Okay, I know this post is long overdue. Sorry about that. So much has been happening.
I've just been reflecting on my life...(okay let's set the mood. I'm sitting in school, typing this outside the music office, with Andrew Yeo's song 'Your Mercy Endures Forever' on loop)...and have been filling out my Happy Book.
For this post, I'm gonna treat it as a double post. Next post will be up in May, I think.
There are things I could choose to be upset about.
When I was really pushing for work and looking for students, nothing happened. I got one respondent, and that didn't work out. I turned down an offer coz it was too far to travel and the timing clashed with cell meetings. I'll admit, at first, I was pretty upset that we had to change cell timing. Friday nights are NOT a good idea. Then of course there's that class I have on Friday which ends at 1900. After which I have to rush coz I don't like being late. And then there was all that work I had to get done and no time to visit the theatre company I had to do one of my major projects on and they didn't reply my email, nor did they give me answers when I phoned to company. And then there were all those productions I wanted to watch...one after the other...coz the previous one didn't work out...whatever the reason was. It was just plain annoying. Then there was you. You who came into my life and intruded big time.
But. When I look back...
I opened my inbox one day and was greeted by an email from an unknown contact. After reading it, I thought to myself that it probably won't work out again, and so I replied you not expecting much. But then, today, I can praise the Lord coz I had my second lesson with her just the past Monday. After the first lesson, she was sharing with me how she almost gave up looking for a teacher, and then stumbled across my ad. It was reassuring indeed to know that God's hand was upon all of it. Even if I didn't realise it then :)
Then. Part Two. I went for a career fair with a friend of mine. Job scouting for her. And we walked into the wrong exhibition hall. There were three halls, the first hall was more for roping children in for extra classes of all sorts. Arts, dance, martial arts, music...you get the picture. So yea. We went into the wrong hall. I was really honestly kind of wondering why on earth I said I'd follow her to the career fair when I had work I needed to get done. So. The two of us were approached by this lady. She said "Oh, we don't only offer classes for children, but for adults as well" and that was the opening that got us talking about how I was actually looking to teach flute, not so much to take classes. That led to an interview, and the job offer.
Both the first lesson and the interview happened on the 4th of April, and this particular date is becoming pretty important to me as it was also the date on which I took my Grade 8 flute exam. Lol. It's pretty cool when we start looking at things God is doing in our lives and we start drawing parallels :)
That's the music side. Then there's the worship side.
10th of April. It was the beginning of stepping a level higher in worship for me. Breaking past the boundary of my comfort zone. It felt awkward at first, but as I trained myself on really just thinking about who I was doing this for, it was so much easier to get immersed in Him and His awesome presence. Pursuing something higher is never easy. How badly we want it plays a part in our obtaining it, but what's most important is our heart condition. We need to come before Him, broken, in self-abandonment. Yes, it sounds very drama, but it's true. If and only if we come before Him, ready to lay ourselves down and let Him be the main focus, then and only then can He truly use us. He's been showing me the importance of self-abandonment. I cannot say that I've reached the ultimate level, nor can I say I'm even coming close, but He's teaching me slowly, day by day. For now, it needs to be a conscious effort to be completely unself-conscious. I know it sounds like it doesn't make sense, but that's just the way it is. Lol. I'm glad that this is the God I serve.
Moving on, I was wanting to watch a few theatrical productions. I have to write this review, see. So I would wanna watch something, then it'd be sold out or it'd clash with my other things. It was super annoying. Then just as I was thinking there's no time and I'd just have to watch some play I didn't really wanna see...then I got a call from a friend asking if I'd like tickets for opening night at $28!! Haha. God is good. I was thinking I don't wanna go alone, and I texted a buddy from the theatre department, and she said she'd like to go with me!! Tee hee!!!! God is just awesome la.
Dinner, April 14th. Baby's birthday. Was supposed to go watch a movie with someone, but then I decided that I shouldn't. So I ended up coming home, and thinking a little about the little trip I'm going to make, and decided I needa get birthday presents. And then my stomach growled so I thought, I'll do dinner at the same time. Contacted a few girlfriends...all of them had plans...so I ended walking to the mall alone. Walked into a shop and ordered, sat down. While waiting for my food, I noticed this group of guys. Five of them. They were looking into the shop and saw that there were no seats. I was at a four-seater alone. They went off after a while. My order came, and the guys were there again. They spotted a four-seater that had just freed up, and went to said table. But there were five of them. I decided I'd move to the bar-like single-seaters and got up and told the guys they could have my place. After I moved, I overheard some of them asking if any of the others knew 'that girl' and of course, they all said no. That got me thinking. About common courtesy. About being nice. Isn't it practiced anymore?
Just a few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to share with the CF and I was talking about how it is so important that we completely lay our lives down and cast our crowns aside and live as testimonies for Him. People may not listen to us, but they watch us.
I had been looking for an accompanist for my practical assessment but wasn't able to find one, then someone who didn't even cross my mind said yes. Haha I truly thank God for her. She's been a joy to work with, and a really good pianist too!
More testimonies. This is gonna be a long long post but I WILL get it up by the end of today.
I feel loved :) Haha. I came back from home, and I was just thinking of how Mummy didn't make soup this time when I was back. And then..."Would you like some soup? There's soup on the stove". Haha. That day was a good day too. Bro cancelled his morning plans coz he was 'busy'. Yes, 'busy' spending time with me. Lol. And listening to silly songs courtesy of Platypus (thanks lots, dude!). Had a good lunch...Mummy made tomato mee. Yummy. Then headed to the airport armed with char siew pau. Haha. Student had to cancel lesson coz she said she hadn't had time to practice, which was good since my flight got delayed anyway. So I came home and had soup and a good rest.
This trip home was a really good opportunity to have real quality family time. And perfect for a break, away from school and the Red Dot. When four girls are sharing a room, you can be sure that although they're pretty much wiped out, getting ready for bed and saying our goodnights takes a wonderfully long time. Not an awfully long time, but a wonderfully long time. And each night, our goodnights involved Mummy, Bro, Biltb and us girls. And Daddy too. No work, just quality time together, planning, talking about nothing, being lame...haha. I love them. I really do. Oh, and I know it's a little early, but I already consider Biltb family. Four birthdays and family time and some planning made an awesome weekend. Refreshing :)
Oh yes. Of course there was also that overdue meet up with a friend of mine. We finally met up for dinner last night, had a good chat. Haha. It's really cool to see the doors God opens for different ones. And to see how he gives others visions for their lives. And it's good to meet up with people like this friend of mine once in a while coz then I get encouraged and inspired.
Of course then there's my family here. Who continually encourage and inspire me and who I know will be here for me any time. I love you guys.
So now it's the end of Year 1. Well, almost the end of Year 1. But that's for another post. This is pretty long already. So I suppose this makes up for two months. I will be going to watch live jazz soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment